BREAKING: Anthony Joshua Reclaim His Belt

British-born Nigerian, Anthony Joshua has won the boxing rematch between him and his nemesis, Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia.

The former undefeated heavyweight boxing champ, who was humiliated last June, by his Mexican rival, fought back with such offering of a masterclass tactics. With a weight of 120kilograms, AJ entered the ring to face a rival who weighed heavier than he was.

Hear what AJ said after he was declared winner based on unanimous points: “It is about hitting and not getting hit. I have a lot of respect for Ruiz and his family. You know what they say, stay hungry and humble. I want to say thank you to everybody.”

“If there is a third fight, I am going to get well into shape, I don’t want to give any excuse, Anthony Joshua did the right thing," Ruiz Jr said of his defeat. "I chased too much, I hesitated too much and I have learnt my lesson.”


His win has seen AJ reclaim all the four WBF, WBO, titles in the world boxing federation. He has Deontay Wilder to challenge in the next bout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circa 2022: Time for a New Beginning

Year End: The Crossroad of a New Year

KEMI ADEOSUN: Looking Beyond The 'Honourable' Resignation